Join us April 25, 2019 for National Get on Board Day and ride for FREE on any VTA bus and light rail service!
Get on Board Day is a new national awareness and advocacy day focused on generating awareness of and increasing the support for public transportation among riders, non-riders, elected officials, and stakeholders.
Join us to highlight and spread the word on the many benefits public transportation (and VTA) provides to our communities, including the convenient service near you and your favorite destinations.
Get out there and talk to people at your school, at work, in your neighborhood, and other community members to make sure that our message about the importance of public transportation is heard loud & clear!
Three steps to get started
- Plan your trip, download the Transit app, or contact VTA Customer Service for a custom trip plan.
- Invite co-workers, family or friends to ride together—the more the merrier!
- Set a monthly transit riding goal and repeat regularly to make it a habit.
Benefits of Taking Public Transit
- Traveling by transit is 10 times safer per mile than driving solo.
- One less car per household can help save nearly $10,000.
- Car ownership, maintenance, and operation is the largest expenditure after housing.
- Every $1 spent on public transportation generates $4 in economic returns.
- Communities that invest in public transit reduce the nation’s carbon emissions by 37 million metric tons per year.
Make the most of your time on VTA, so you have more time for the important things in life!
In support of Get on Board Day, VTA will wrap a bus and train which will include logos of the many partners that have committed to the reduction of solo driving and to their continued advocacy for all public transportation causes. We'll list those supporters here.
- 300 Railway
- Aedis Architects
- Allied Telesis
- Country Inn & Suites by Carlson
- County of Santa Clara
- Cream (Ice Cream)
- De Anza College
- First Community Housing
- Ford (Greenfield Labs)
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Hilton Santa Clara
- Joint Venture Silicon Valley
- Juniper Networks
- Laurel Grove Family Apartments
- Levi's Stadium & Tailg8 Truck (2 logos)
- Lockheed Martin
- Mineta Transportation Institute
- Mission College
- Moffett Business Transportation Association
- Motel 6
- MV Transportation
- Naya Apartments
- Nox Cookie Bar
- Options for All
- San Francisco 49ers
- San Jose Conservation Corps & Charter School
- San Jose State University
- Silicon Valley Bike Coalition
- Sonesta Silicon Valley
- Stanford Research Park
- SunnyView Retirement Community
- The Tech Museum of Innovation
- Treehouse Apartments
- United Mechanical Inc.
- VMware, Inc.